Following extensive discussions with companies, who in recent years
have provided significant financial support to the British Fertility
Society, we have now agreed to re-organise the Corporate Patronage
- The BFS is a Limited Company.
- The BFS Ltd is registered for VAT.
- The BFS Educational Charity Ltd is a separate company which aids the educational activities of the Society.
- The BFS provides a multi-disciplinary forum for its membership.
- In order to encourage membership from all groups that work in the field of reproductive medicine, it is aimed to maintain low membership fees and low registration costs for meetings.
- The BFS produces a quarterly journal, Human Fertility.
- The BFS holds its own scientific meeting every other year. The content of these meetings are developed by the BFS Meetings Sub-Committee, which reports to the BFS Executive. In the other years the BFS collaborates with ACE and SRF to hold a Joint Fertility meeting. In addition to the BFS Annual Meeting the society also runs a Persons Responsible & Senior Staff Day, and Pelvic Ultrasound, Embryo Transfer/IUI and Effective Fertility Services study days.
The British Fertility is extremely grateful to its Principal Sponsors and Corporate Members for supporting the Society. The companies should note that educational grants to the BFS Educational Charity Ltd have significant tax benefits to those providing the grants.
Companies that do not wish to be Principal Sponsors or Corporate
Members will be charged standard rates at all meetings. Any company
representatives who wish to attend both the exhibition and the
scientific meetings will be charged at that standard rate, but
company representatives who wish only to attend the exhibition
will be charged on a daily basis at 50% of the standard daily delegate
rate. Companies who are neither Principal Sponsors nor Corporate
Members may also wish to sponsor specific prizes and awards and
these can be negotiated separately.
Levels of Sponsorship
For each financial year beginning March 1 (which is the start of
the BFS financial year) there are two levels of sponsorship available:
Further information on these, and other opportunities, can be
discussed with the Secretariat.